Here comes a long winded update blog! Two weeks ago, we had our bbq open house. It was a lot of fun even if the weather decided to not cooperate for us. Nic and I had gone to the store and bought yard games, football, frisbee, ect and no such luck... next time I suppose! We think we had somewhere around 40 people stop in. It meant so much to us to see each and every one of you! I was so excited to see friends from down south that we hadn't hung out with in a while! When the weather makes a turn for the better, I promise we will have another bbq for those of you who couldn't make it to this one!
What are these two bears? If you know me, you know that the one on the right is Softbear! Yes, a very original name for a 2 year old to come up with! He has been with me since I was little. He is the second Softbear in my life, because the first one I pulled all his hair out. He is a tinge on the darker side because he was half under my covers during our house fire in 2001. His nose has been loved off and his eyes need clear nail polish on them every now and again because they got a little burnt in the fire. He is loved and sleeps with me (and Nic hehehe) every night. My parents brought us a housewarming gift at the bbq. The first was those amazing monitors! I am so excited that I might waste my free time while baby is sleeping staring at the poor little thing sleeping on the video monitor! The second gift was that nice white fluffy bear on the left. If you can believe that is what Softbear used to look like once upon a time. My dad said the baby had to have one too! And honestly, I couldn't agree more dad! Nic laughed and said he is doomed that that bear is going to haunt him forever. I hope my child still has their Softbear for as long as I have!
A little behind but here we go!
How far along: 18/19 weeks
Gender: We eagerly wait to find out...
Maternity clothes? I decided shopping is not fun anymore. I don't want to look at the cute clothes my friends can wear and I can't! Grandma took me shopping in Jersey (no sales tax!) and broke the bank but I feel like I have normal clothes again not big bags! Thanks Gma
Stretch marks? Nope, and I have been slacking on my lotion...eek!
Sleep: Officially cannot sleep on my tummy... the kid doesn't like that!
Symptoms: Just the usual burping nothing else... phew
Name: We have them picked!
Weight Gain: Well probably 10 lbs since I ate everything I could in NY and got two Coolatas from Dunkin' hahaha... we only live once!
Cravings/aversions: I want to go back to NY! I had a bagel and yoohoo IT WAS AMAZING! I felt like a little kid again!
How the baby is growing: The baby is a mango! Everything is developed including sex organs!
Movement: Yes but it feels like pressure now and not rolling
What I miss: I keep trying to get past people in tight spaces and I suck in thinking that will work and then my belly rams into them or the counter... I miss being able to suck in and fit in places I used to!
Best Moment of the Week: Seeing family! I hadn't seen my Great Aunt and Uncle and 2nd Cousin in 4 years and my other Great Uncle in 6 years! We hadn't seen my dad's side in almost 2 years! That is far too long! Wish they were all closer!
Worst Moment of the Week: MY FEET! The heels of my feet hurt at the end of the day. I wear my good shoes but it doesn't help so I went back to my flip flops!
Belly button in or out? It is still in but I can see more and more of the inside! Where did my cave go!?!?
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time? Just peachy! However, the movie on the plane was the vow and it tried to make me bawl!! Looking forward to: Wednesday is the day! Show your stuff Baby T!
![]() |
| 18 weeks |
![]() |
| 19 weeks G & G's front door in NY |
until next time...



No comments:
Post a Comment