Refuge is a monthly, mid-week, event of extended worship, prayer and communion.
We have a big prayer campaign going for the month of February. Therefore, this past Wednesday Refuge was packed! It was awesome and so moving to hear everyone sing together. At one point, we were asked to write on a giant white piece of paper taped to the wall what we are thankful for. First, was to be the relationship we have with God and then after that you were free to write with your crayon whatever came to you. I am an honorary aunt to three special children. Everett will be 9 yrs old this week. He attended refuge with us and when he went up to the wall and started writing of course Tami and I wanted to sneak a peak! We didn't but Tami's friend came over and said I just want you to know that your sons heart is in the right place. First he wrote Dad and then Mom. That just melted our hearts. After refuge, we were in the lobby and I had Abigail. She is all of 3 months old. I found it cute that the people who came up to me to see the baby were older gentlemen! Two separate men came up and asked about her and rubbed her back. It was adorable! The second guy asked which service we attended and was bummed that it wasn't the Sunday at 9am. He works in the nursery on Sunday and wanted to have her in there! How cute! I am so proud of those kids! You always wonder as a parent if you are doing a good enough job.... Tami you certainly are!
until next time...

No comments:
Post a Comment