I've come to realize that as a child our imaginations are vast and expectations of the future are slightly inaccurate. I am 26 yrs old and if you had asked me when I was in elementary or junior high where I saw myself at 26... this would not be it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my life and where I am at. I just had expected that all I have now would have been lived out at 24 years old. No, I wasn't too far off but sometimes the unknown can sure feel like a long time. The last two years drove me crazy. We couldn't move forward and we weren't moving backward we were just STUCK. We weren't sure where Nic's job would take us so we couldn't start growing roots anywhere and we lived in this world of what ifs and wonder. We did not think a job in Bellingham would arise and were prepared to move south where there are more jobs. And then the unthinkable, Nic started his new job as a Habitat Restoration Engineer at an office in Bellingham! The ball began rolling in November when he knew he had gotten the job. We started looking at houses on Redfin every night when the urge hit us. We wanted to be responsible and make sure this would be a good fit for Nic. I realized when he came home everyday with these drawings of trees and rivers and bridges (they have a real name I don't know what it is) excited to share them, that this was the position he had been waiting for! February is when we interviewed a few Realtors and picked a duo, Nate and Rob. February 13th is a great day every year for me! February 13, 2010 Nic proposed. February 13, 2011 we were in Vegas. February 13, 2012 our first house offer was accepted!!! Yes, Whatcom County is really our home!
We are set to close on March 15th. They are finishing up the last little bit of construction and before we know it move in day will be here!
until next time...


I am SOOO excited for you and Nic! I wish the house wasn't in Ferndale, but I am really glad you found a home that you love and can call your own. Start planning the house warming party!
ReplyDeleteYay, this is super exciting! If you are making your blog private, my email is ariemer8109@gmail.com.
ReplyDeleteI would obviously LOVE to continue to follow along! :) xoxo