I, like many, write a blog for myself (first) and for others to keep up with our life (second). The people who publicly follow me are all family or friends. However, you don't have to follow someone to be able to read their blog. I don't know who reads this little blog and doesn't follow. I know a few family members do and from the stats page there are others from all over the world. I thought about making my blog private a while back and only allowing people I sent personal invites able to read my blog. I changed my mind and thought, nah, maybe something I've wrote has helped someone else out there that read this little blog for fun. Now, the words "private blog" have come to mind again. I was reading a blog of whom I have never met. I know her husband from junior high and high school and found her blog on facebook. I have been reading it for 2 years as she is inspiring. It is also fun to see their girls grow up. However, she was recently informed by a stranger in the U.K. that someone had stolen posts off her blog and impersonated her on a facebook page and a mommy group. This person was trying to be someone they were not and posting it in multiple places on the internet and interacting with other people too! She even was taking pictures from the blog to make it even more real.I am saddened for her and have this icky icky feeling. I grew up with this technology and knew there were hackers and people who make viruses. However, I never thought people would steal other people's lives and pretend to be that person!?! I talk about my life and share a little about my husband. As we continue to grow, and big life changes will come that I wish to talk freely about, I think it is only fair to protect him and myself. I quickly realized there are many people who have become victim to this impersonation thing and I am not going to join them. Please leave me a comment with your email address if you would like to continue following.
until next time...
Kierstenleigh at g mail dot com
ReplyDeleteSigh. Just read that blog post too. Creepy.