...We have had a winter wonderland around here lately and frankly it just stresses me out. Gone are the days of wishing for snow days and sledding, I am officially a cranky adult! I will say that it was peaceful and gorgeous to look at from the warm cozy insides of my home. However, still being expected to make it in for work and back home safely does not calm my nerves in ice and snow. So, with a stressful week and finally the rain gushing from above instead of snow, I fell asleep on the couch at 7:30pm last night. Exhausted much? We woke up at 7:45 AM with the goal of going to the gym before Nic helped his brother out for the remainder of the day. Simple? Yes, we thought this would be very simple. You wake up. You brush your teeth. You put gym clothes on and walk out the door. Yes, we accomplished that much this morning. Next, walk up the newly bare driveway to "BOB," my car, and take off the chains. Yes, Bob is a beast in the snow with his chains on! Okay, chains are off and it is time to rock n roll to the gym. Hmmmm, uhhh, "Nic my windshield wipers won't go swhhhshhh swhhshhhh." (If you truly know me then you can hear me making the windshield wiper sound while waving my arms back and forth in the same motion they would had they worked.) Push the little arm lever up again....NOTHING! I think in my head, "You have to be kidding me....we live in Washington! How can my windshield wipers not work!!" My amazing husband instantly says okay where is your fuse box. "Uhhhh..... fuse box.... uhhhhh.... on your side?" He kindly tells me that usually they are on the drivers side. I found it and looked at it not knowing what I was looking for. Nic gets out my manual and finds the correct fuse but the fuse puller (yes ladies there is this thing that pulls the fuses out for you... genius I know!) is not big enough because it is the 30 fuse. We pull down the driveway and Nic gets it out with pliers. GREEEAAAAATTT... fuse is not blown. We have bigger problems. This is when we realized the gym wasn't happening this morning! I called my friend the manager at Firestone, I call him my friend because he is always there when I bring my car in but I really don't know him. I know he has the same car and ask him about it. He says that it could be a few things but probably the windshield wiper motor is dead. I thought my car had an engine and that was the only motor... who knew! I have never heard anyone have this problem before but guess what my friend Brian says this is common in the newer civic's. JOY! "How much Brian?" $207 + tax. Okay I'll bring it in. I call Honda just to see if maybe I am under warranty. Nope, and they want $300! So, here I wait for the phone call to say that Bob is fixed and ready to ride in the rain again!
While I was waiting at home, I thought I would try to relax a little, take a bath? Mrs. Clause packed my stocking full of new scrubs that smell delish and I was excited to test them out! I choose coconut and pretended I was somewhere tropical. Sunscreen and coconut are my favorite smells because if I could be a beach bum I totally would! Half way through this relaxing bath, my cell rang. I was chattin it up when KERPLUNK.... mmhmmm.... best luck today....my phone went off the high dive for a quick 15 second swim. The person on the other line was still there and I said uhhh I'll call you back. Turned off the phone, got it out of the case, took the battery out, took out the sim card, took out the sd card, grabbed the towel and went to town. You are probably thinking, wow this sounds so relaxing... I thought so too! I got out and took the blow dryer to it... which I later read online is a bad idea... oops! then I put it in rice and waited 30min. This could be tmi, but I was the only one home, so all of this running around the house to get it into rice was done so without towel or clothes on. While I am staring at my rice phone in the kitchen, the door bell rings! I instantly drop to the ground and peer around the corner to see out the front window. Darn, I can't see anyone. I waited 30 seconds before dashing up the stairs to my bedroom window where I can see that it is the mailman. Phew, nothing I have to sign for! Did I say I waited 30 min? I meant I got impatient and turned the phone back on after 10 min. The screen lit up HTC and I thought YES! That was until I tried the touch screen and it didn't work. Okay, back off and in the rice. I repeated this about 5 times before I decided to take the blow dryer to it again. And just like magic, touch screen was alive!!
The highlight of the day was finding the package on my front porch! It was from my second mom, Mrs. Barbara Norman. She knitted me a washcloth and sent my scarf I had forgotten in Whistler! She is the best!!
Off to get Bob and hopefully my horrible no good very bad day is OVER!
until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment