
I was driving today and came to one of those lovely round-a-bout's. Yes, you know exactly what I was thinking as I approached it... "Come on people follow the arrows on the ground. It isn't that hard. Just drive!" No, I was in no hurry. I was ahead of schedule yet still irked. Then as if the car in front of me heard what I was thinking he almost came to a complete stop in the round-a-bout waiting for the car to the right to enter in. "NO BUDDY WE HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY!"
I was sitting in class on Wednesday clenching my teeth waiting for one of my peers to pick on me again. She has been doing this since our first day of classes. At first, I ignored it and thought whatever she'll stop. She does small things but a lot of small things throughout our 4 hours of class each day. She will flip my book shut on her way out the door while I am studying. She makes sneering comments about me having my bachelors and being so smart. Then she'll ask me for help on hw...a little backwards if you ask me but I help her. I told another peer on Wednesday I was about to loose it and she said she was just waiting for the day that I admitted I was annoyed because she has watched our other peer jab at me every day!
A couple weeks ago I was chattin it up with a client. He is one of those tech-y kind of guys. He says he lives his life in the Iworld. Ipad, Ipod, etc. He is fun to talk to but I about died the last time he was in. We were talking about pilates. You would be surprised how many of my male clients do pilates. Bill was talking about how great it was and how much stronger he is from it. I said that I didn't think Nic would ever go for it because he would see it as a girl gym class and he would be uncomfortable. Bill says very loudly, " Ya, I felt pretty gay the first time I went in. We had do some stuff that felt like dance moves, pretty gay." My bosses station is next to me and he is gay. I didn't know if I should yell at Bill and stick up for Danny or pretend like nothing happened. I was embarrassed and mad that someone could be so disrespectful!
On Thursday, Nic and I had drinks at the Black Cat with my bosses and a client from the salon. She is an older woman who I always thought was pretty funny. She speaks her mind. This became apparent when the bartender was on the other side of the bar and she starts yelling for her. "GINA, OH GINA! I WOULD LIKE MY TAB GINA!" Can you say EMBARRASSING! Where did her tact go?
Also on Thursday, I had a client come in and sit in my chair. She proceeded to tell me how ill she felt and wasn't feeling any better. She told me not to stand in front of her so that I didn't catch whatever she had because she thought she was still contagious! As I went to grab a hair that had fallen on her nose, she said NO! you don't want to touch my nose! So instead, she blew her nasty germs up at her nose and into my face. I would have rather grabbed the hair and purelled my hands instead of having you blow in my face!
I could go on and on and on about my week and the people who I come into contact with. As I was in the middle of the round-a-bout today, I thought I am gonna blog about this. However, I didn't know that as I proceeded to make my way out of the round-a-bout and to church that the blog post would take a different direction. Pastor Bob finished our series on grace tonight. It is understood by Christians to be the free gift of an uncaused and overflowing love─totally undeserved mercy. He said, "To live life in grace is to give grace." 2 Corinthians "All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow..." I realized it isn't about me having patience for these people who I come in contact with. Nor is it about giving them some slack. I don't know what has been going on in their lives. I do know that if I were to bitch and moan about them all that does is spread anger to others. Helmet Thielicke said, "The sulfurous stench of hell is nothing compared with the evil odor emitted by divine grace gone putrid." Do you want to be putrid? I don't! I realized it is about giving grace to others. That is the life I was made to live!
"let what we do in here fill the streets out there"
Until next time...
sounds like it was a good series! don't you hate it when you show up to church and Bob speaks directly to you. hate that. ;)
ReplyDelete