Sunday, November 7, 2010

Califorrrrnnniiiiaaaa here we coooooooome! (or came)

Two weeks ago I took a trip down to L.A. with Matt (my bridesman) and Dee (one of the bridesmaids) to see Ali (the maid of honor). Ali and I have been so spoiled this year with how much time we have gotten to spend together. She lives in Burbank and works for Disney. She is a production manager in the animation department. Currently, she is working on Pooh!!!! It was so neat to go behind the scenes to see what she has been working on! We talked with one of the animators who does the beginning stages of the drawings. It is a lengthy process to say the least because 24 drawings = 1 second of film! We ventured to Disneyland on Saturday and yes, this was my first time. Having lived on the east coast until I was 9, we always went to DisneyWORLD. I have been there I think 6 or so times and LOVE it!!! I was willing to give land a shot even though I knew it was much smaller. We had an absolute blast but I am still partial to world over land. While we were there, we saw the world of color! It was AMAZING!! Over the lake in California Adventure, they used water cannons and projectors to make a magical short film of everything Disney. You couldn't help but sing along to all the songs! Wait, I do that in my car weekly with all my Disney cd's. I'm still a big kid when it comes to certain things and I will always love Disney. Here's a peak at our weekend!
             The seven dwarfs are some of my favorites. I even have Christmas ornaments of them all!

             We had to say "Hi" to our good friends Walt because without him there would be no Disney!

                       Minnie was looking a little cold and lost her purse so I let her borrow my stuff!

                                WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!

My mom, brother, and I always had to go on small world....my favorite! Even if there are creepy porcelain dolls inside!

                                         Just waiting in line!

Ready for some 3D Toy Story interactive ride!



 
a small clip from world of color!

until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment