Wednesday, October 6, 2010
How it used to be....
You remember when you could go anywhere and do anything and not worry about your safety? I remember when we lived in Texas (I was 9-12 years old) and I would ride my bike all over the neighborhood alone. I would spend countless hours at the park alone or with a friend. I loved being outside and I'm sure my mom appreciated it too! I had no cell phone and no one watching over me...I was alone and safe in my community. I knew what time I was to be home for dinner and I knew if it started to get dark I better move it faster and get home. I've thought about this before. How my children, won't be able to do that. I won't be able to let them go and be alone in their community cause things have changed. I don't like it. I don't care for it one bit! I wish I could make a community in a bubble with the wonderful people of the world that kept the bad out, but reality is I can't. The news today had THREE scary stories. The first was an amber alert for 3 children. Granted it was thought to be the father, it's still upsetting that someone could run away with children! And who knows why he was not suppose to have them?!?! Second, there has been a suspect arrested in the case of the murdered Wenatchee girl. Yes, good because there is finally some closure but how heart breaking! You hear about murder all the time and never think it can happen in your community. Truth is....it can. Third, Dwight Clark, Bellingham, Washington was found dead today. It was dark when I left the gym tonight and I could feel chills knowing there is someone in my small bubble, tiny Bellingham, where everyone knows everyone, has a sick individual living amongst us. What is going on with our society? These are young lives with so much potential. They were just getting started with the rest of their lives. They were starting the journey down the path of their future! I don't understand crime. I don't think I ever will. I do know we need to do something about it though before things get even more out of control. I want to go back to how it used to be so my kids can go play and me not be there to make sure no one is going to hurt them. They deserve what I had!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment