This past Friday was Nic's 27th birthday! Where does time go? We met when I was 20 and he was 22 and it does not feel like 5 years has passed! I had to tell the car rental guy how old I was the other day and for a second almost said 24 instead of 25...woops! I think it's amusing how we are labeled with these "age numbers" yet no one I know feels that age. It should go by how old we feel and not actual years! I'm just sayin...
I am exhausted, pleased, happy, drained, yet content. We just arrived home in Bham from an enjoyable weekend with friends and family! I asked Nic about a month ago what he wanted to do for his birthday. This is the first time since we've been together that I actually was able to spend his birthday with him. Normally, he is working in Winthrop and not home. BUT NOT THIS YEAR!! Nic didn't have any ideas on what he wanted to do for his birthday so of course I jumped into action. I decided we are going to Sammamish. (I also needed to cut my dad's hair as he told me it was long enough for pig tails. A slight exaggeration but it had been 7 weeks...yikes) My dear friend facebook helped me assemble the plans and friends to join in on the celebration activities! We zipped down to Sammamish on Friday evening and had dinner at my parents with my brother and his girlfriend.
My mom asked Nic 2 weeks ago what he wanted for his birthday dinner and of course it was lasagna and meatballs. Why waste being 100% Italian if you can't cook an amazing lasagna?!?! Then Nic requested apple kuchen for dessert. Thank you Becky for giving me the recipe a while back so we could make this request possible. It didn't taste exactly like yours does but pretty darn close! We then headed to J Michael's our favorite dive bar to meet up with friends. We were having so much fun that we remained there until last call! I haven't heard last call since my 21st birthday. I guess I'm old or just not a night person because when 11 pm comes I'm out...but not Friday night! Saturday afternoon we hit up the Red Hook Brewery tour. Nic is standing next to the original Red Hook sign in that picture. At 4pm my best friend Matt met up with us, and we headed to meet up with my other friend Deirdre to go to Pyramid Brewery and the Mariner's game. Nic thought Matt and Deirdre just happened to have tickets to the game as well and he received his ticket from me on Friday morning. However, there were 18 of our friends joining us at Pyramid and going to the Mariner's game! He was very surprised and happy to spend his birthday with everyone! It was a jam packed exciting weekend that felt like more than 48 hours. It is time to put things away and see what shows the DVR has recorded! I hope everyone had as wonderful of a weekend as we did!
until next time...
Such a fun time and SO great to see you, Truscotts! :)
ReplyDelete