Monday, October 18, 2010

MIA?

Woops....life got a little busy! Here's what you missed....

I know I talk budget budget budget but that just means that in the BUDGET is also an amount set aside for FUN STUFF WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!!!!!! (p.s. I am new to this budget thing myself please don't think the way I do mine is perfect or that it will fit perfectly for you and your life and if you have suggestions for improvement for me let me know!!! I always looked at it as I will save this amount for this month...now I allocate where our money will go and that tells me how much we will save.)

First, Nic and I have a tradition every year to go to Archer's (ale house in Fairhaven) and try out their Octoberfest beers! We each get our own stein and me being the competitive one try to finish it before Nic gets done. I know what you are thinking... gee Stef are you crazy that's a lot of beer and you are half Nic's size. I don't care! I won the last two years and Nic didn't know he was playing until I put my stein down and said I WIN!


This year we took Tami and Ian with us. Nic silently knew he was playing the game. We were having a great time playing some board games and visiting. I was nearing the end of my beer but did you see the size of that thing? Yes, I had to go to the little girls room. I thought do I go or don't I go. If I go then Nic can really finish it before me. I wish I could say I had to power to stay at the table and win but I left the table. I even told Tami, yes girls have to go to the bathroom at the same time, if I get back out there and he's done.......well you get it. I came back out and to my surprise I was just 2 BIG gulps behind. I tried to drink faster but the obvious is true...I'm petite. Nic had a little sip left and I held his hand down so I could win. I didn't win fairly but I still won! Yes, you are thinking correctly..... you don't want to play games with me. I can't even play sorry because I get so upset when I get sent back home! Wonder who I take after? We had a great night as always and NO I surely did NOT drive home!
THAT'S NOT ALL THE FUN WE'VE HAD.....

Second, we spent this last weekend in Wenatchee. Of course, as I am sure you are all aware of, why wouldn't you be is the question, that this past weekend was opening for deer hunting! I went along to see everyone and Nic's mission was to find Bambi's evil step dad, or at least that's what I say because he can't go after bambi's dad. I've always pictured him as a nice guy errr deer! I know you are wondering...so did he get one? Well, lets talk about what I did first...suspense is much more fun! The girls and I had a jam packed Saturday. We did a hint of garage sale rummaging, hit up the sbux for our caffeine intake, found a fantastic pumpkin costume for lulu dog (wish I had taken a picture of that!), ecstatically made our way to real deals the home store...I am glad we don't have one closer the budget would be blown!, Stine and Pickle went to the book store and I went with Jodi to the shoe store... she had to get "teacher shoes", exhausted but still going we made it to costco with the rest of Wenatchee, quick stop at Safeway for more of the grocery needs, looked for Jodi's keys for an hour...we later found out that Ben left them on the counter at a store they were at Friday night, sped off to Ross and came out empty handed because who wants to wait 20 min in line to pay...NOT ME!, realized we were hungry and it was now 3:30 in the afternoon so we picked up pizza's, had to stop for tequila, dinner at Keith and Carla's... Italian might I add...bonus points!!!!!!, back to Ben and Jodi's and on the way a quick call to our favorite Aunt Jodi and Uncle Russ, then Bob and Becky and Kayla and Pickle showed up to drink some ritas!!!!! Jodi definitely made sure we were all having a fantastic time by refilling our cups once they were HALF way empty because if you're empty that is not okay! Thank you for such an amazing weekend everyone! I now know that no extra bit in my paycheck is worth the memories we made this weekend. I am so glad I no longer work Saturday's!! Sunday was football, hanging out, retrieving the keys, target, and the long drive back to bham. Oh you're still wondering? YES, the evil step dad came back to Bellingham with us. I have a picture but not sure everyone wants to see that. I have a proud husband and another set of antlers for some wall that is not in my house! Jodi forgot socks but don't worry they let her borrow these

I hope you all were able to make some memories this weekend with loved ones! I am sure you are all as blessed as we are to surround ourselves with such awesome and amazing people!

until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment