I decided to wing it and add what I felt were the "perfect ingredients!" In the pot went garlic, Italian seasoning, chili powder (one of my new favorites), salt, pepper, rosemary, and onion powder (Nic doesn't do onions so if we want the flavor it has to be the powder). Next was... hmm goodness... I have no idea how many boxes of veggie stock. I like stock better because it is not diluted like broth is. Then good ol' Tom went in the pot. He took FOREVER to get tender enough to shred. Literally the pot was on the stove for 2 days!!! (my crock pot was not big enough for all of this or it would have been done in there) After I could shred, I put in carrots, red potatoes, celery, corn, and egg noodles. I wouldn't recommend the egg noodles... they got soggy in the left overs. We enjoyed it and Nic had fun out in the wilderness!
A friend of mine gave me this next recipe. They are suppose to be blueberry muffins but my friend Tami doesn't like to waste time. Therefore, she calls these blueberry bars and puts them in a 9x13 pan. My mother-in law gave me a muffin top pan..it's amazing cause the tops are the best part and next time I make these I will use that pan! When I made it in the 9x13 it seemed to come out more of a blueberry cake...oh well still tasted great!
Here's how to make them:
1/2 c butter (I used less)
2 eggs (I did just the whites)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp b. powder (I didn't use this cause I use self rising flour)
1/4 tsp salt (I omitted this)
1 1/4 c sugar ( I used 3/4 c and 1/4 c of agave)
1 c sour cream (I substituted plain greek yogurt you can't taste any difference)
2 c flour ( I did half self rising half wheat)
2 c of blueberries (you can use less but I say the more berries the better! You can also do any kind of berry you want)
Mix-
Softened butter and sugar
add eggs
mix in sour cream and vanilla
add in the dry
fold in berries
bake @ 400 for 20-25 min!
I decided that even though I don't have a yard to plant a garden I wouldn't be stopped by that! Here are my cute little mint and basil plants getting their dose of photosynthesis! MOJITOS HERE I COME!!!! Who knew that basil doesn't like a ton of sun... the leaves started to wilt so they are happy inside now!
That's what's new in the kitchen more to come on life soon!
until nex time...



No comments:
Post a Comment