Monday, April 25, 2011

Life isn’t about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself


This morning at 5:15 AM the alarm went off... funny thing is I woke up at 5 AM on my own....and it wasn't even because I had to go pee! Today was my second "morning" workout. I have decided that as hard as it is to wake up that early it beats working out after school or work! I really enjoy Susan's classes...she kicks my butt and makes my whole body hurt! What is even better, is that Nic and I go together! I find it a lot of fun to work out with my husband. We went on a 4 mile run together on Saturday morning (oh by the way can I have Saturday's weather back...67 and sunny... yes please!). If I had been by myself I would have only gone 2 miles but he pushes me to go farther, do better, prove to myself that I can! He does this all day every day with anything I am going after. He's simply amazing!

Last night, we got back to Bham around 7:40pm. I unpacked and went into instant clean mode. We have been so busy the past few weeks that I haven't caught up completely on the household chores. The dust was driving me nuts on our dresser and I like to see vacuum lines in the carpet the kitchen counters needed a good wipe down laundry bins were getting full......and on and on that's the list that was in my head. My husband thinks I'm nuts to attack these things on a Sunday night at 8pm. But, I just don't have time! With school, work, workouts, being social, holidays, hair shows, etc when can you do laundry and put it away let alone dust the place and mop floors and buy groceries! He has a very hard time just sitting and watching me run all over that he willingly jumps into my crazy cleaning frenzy. I told him he doesn't have to but he insists that he wants to put in his part. However, if there are dishes in the sink in the morning Nic washes them all. He makes the coffee and brings me a cup while I'm getting ready upstairs....EVERY MORNING! He goes to work Mon-Fri, a few weekends, and travels for field work to support us. He never complains! He folds laundry and puts it away. He likes to make breakfast on the weekends for us. What I'm saying is, that he does do his part! He helps me out all the time! If I forgot to get something at the grocery store he will always stop and get it for me! I want him to know that I recognize all his hard work and if I decide to go cleaning crazy on Sunday at 8PM or Saturday morning at 7AM you do not have to join in with me!


until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment