Friday, February 15, 2013

Digging deep

Once you have a child, the concept of family takes on a new meaning. B turns four months today and I have already learned so much about my new priorities. Those around me have exposed what kind of family member I want to emulate. I realize too late now the one time memories and moments we've missed out on because we had...other things to do, we have plans with other friends, we had to do something that day (no we could have done it another time), etc. Now that I have a baby, I realize these moments and memories are only made once. He is only a baby once and before we know it he will be a big independent man. My brother and sister in law have molded a new outlook for me. They don't know the impact and influence they've had. I appreciate their efforts and enormous amount of love they have for us. The only time they hesitate to make it to an event is to figure out how to make it work! They live very full lives and don't miss out. I realize my little man is going to recognize that. He is going to see that his Aunt and Uncle are always there and love deeply. No more excuses because it is time to make memories!

Thank you to our family and friends who have made an effort to genuinely be in Mr. B's life. To make it known to him, who they are. To travel without excuses and see him face to face! I apologize to those who we have not stepped up to and promise to do better.
until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment