
On Saturday, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. It was amazing to watch a group (130 volunteers) from a church go into a public school and enhance and transform it from the inside out! There was a ton of work to get done between 9 AM and 3 PM. We were ripping out plants and putting in new ones, sewing curtains for classrooms, painting parking lots, repainting basketball lines, painting four squares, painting a 100's chart, painting a map of the USA, etc! I couldn't have been more proud to see how dapper and crisp the school looked when we were done!
How cool is this map?!?! I wish I had one of these at my Elementary school!
This is Sunnyland's mascot! They did an amazing job painting this!
Here are our curtains!!! The kid's are going to paint and put their hand prints on them to add some color!
I worked on painting the 100's squares to help the kindergartners learn their numbers. After there were too many people on that project, I moved inside to help with the curtains. I was ironing the 2inch hem's on each end of the curtains before they got stitched! Let me tell you, the seamstress making these was a bit particular on the ironing....glad I could live up to her standards! I had a major sense of accomplishment at the end of the day! What an awesome project to be a part of!
until next time...





No comments:
Post a Comment