Monday, January 31, 2011

Bellingham Wedding Expo

A few weeks ago, my classmate Amanda invited me along to the Bellingham Wedding Expo. No, she is not engaged yet but was asked to be a part of the fashion show! Nic proposed to me in February and thus I missed all the wedding expo's! (Side note: Can you believe we haven't been engaged for a year yet and we're already married for 5 months! Guess I was a little excited to get married so fast!) Therefore, I was kind of excited to see what these things are really all about while helping out a friend. My job, to help Amanda in and out of bridesmaid dresses. When I got there, Amanda was all ready done with hair and make up. We wondered around the expo for a little bit before the fashion show was to start. First run in....Drew Graham, DJ extraordinaire! He was definitely the light of my wedding! He knows how to throw a great party! We chatted for a bit and then I was off to see who else was here! As I made a turn around a corner, these two women were watching a TV that one of the vendors had set up. They looked up as I started laughing and turned a shade of red, when I realized it was my wedding video! Brian was at his FIRST wedding expo and I was his marketing tools! It was fun to show Amanda a peek at my wedding. Then we rushed to the dressing rooms to get things in order before the show. While the girls were getting a pep talk, I decided to go check out the stage where I found MORE vendors! I thought to myself, this would have been fairly helpful to plan a wedding... too bad I didn't have these tools while planning! Third run in.... Sarah Jane the most fantastic wedding coordinator out there! She was awesome from start to finish and after my wedding. She got married in September so I asked her how things were going and wow does she have a plethora of change going on! Four days after getting married she got pregnant. Her husband just got offered a new job in Alaska and he accepted! So, her last day as an amazing wedding coordinator is in February and she is moving to Alaska pregnant! Phew, I have to say that I am really glad my life didn't play out like that. I don't know if I could handle all those surprises at once! However, the best part of all of this, Mo, my go to gal for my wedding was offered Sarah Jane's job!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS MOMO!!! I made my way around the stage and found Andi my cake lady! If you didn't have cake at my wedding you sure did miss out big time! Andi just opened a store front in Bellingham, which is not good for me because now I can eat her cakes any time and get fat! It was so much fun to catch up with all the people who made my wedding the success it was! It was also fun to see the vendors that we interviewed that we didn't pick as well! Now on to the fashion show! Amanda rocked it and the dresses changes went smooth! I had a blast helping out and being back stage! There were gorgeous dresses and some AWFUL dresses! Thanks for putting me to work Amanda!
Amanda striking a pose....looks like a prom dress to me
Bein goofy in another bridesmaid dress


until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment