On March 15, 2012, we closed on our first home!!! We rounded the troops (those willing and able to help) and moved on St. Patty's day! Yes, I sure did have green beer and pizza for after moving. I didn't want dings in my walls and furniture! HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED US! We wouldn't have done it as smoothly and efficiently without your help! We had one casualty, a bookshelf. Therefore, everything was a success! The morning was awful! I awakened to snow... YUP SURE DID! Then rain when loading was going on. Finally, the sky opened when we got to Ferndale!
![]() |
| 24' Budget truck in all it's glory! |
![]() |
| Did I mention you couldn't help us move if you didn't wear your Romeo's? |
![]() |
| Love at first site! |
If you do not have a front loader washer and dryer, START SAVING FOR THEM! They are the most amazing appliances EVER! I can fit multiple pairs of my husbands pants in these things (he is over 6'). My mother says you could fit a human in them... and I am in love with them!
It had been a very rainy March, so landscaping was not done prior to moving in. Once the ground dried up, top soil came! I got out of the shower one morning to hear scrapping. I thought maybe they were building on the lot next door. We don't have blinds yet, so I crept to the front window wrapped in a towel to find a nice man putting dirt in my front yard! I quickly ran to get dressed and ready to meet this nice man, Chad.
The next day he put in some shrubs. A few days later, the hydroseed went in. It looks like webbed neon green film. It has continued to rain and make puddles, so will have to wait and see if the grass makes it or not!
As most people know, I love the city. However, when I grew up in NY the city of Chester deemed our street a cow path. We had the corn fields on our street. Our neighbors had horses, goats, and chickens. I love driving to work and seeing the mountains with vast fields surrounding me! It is peaceful until the wind blows the wrong direction and you smell cow doo doo. We continue to unpack and figure out where things should be hung. We have decided on blinds and will order them tonight. All is well here, we are loving our new home!
until next time...






Love it. And I want that washer and dryer...like, yesterday!
ReplyDelete