Friday, July 1, 2011

The circle of life and it moves us all.....

Through despair and hope, through faith and love, till we find our place, on the path unwinding.....


Oh the Lion King, how you were such a great movie when I was younger and now I understand you so much more. My Aunt Tre to this day has not seen this movie. I'm pretty sure she saw the play though! She just could bare to watch the part when Simba's dad dies. I don't know if it is our society that says it is taboo to talk about death or the fact that it just hurts too darn much to talk about. However, in the past couple of months it has been swirling around me.

One of my clients came in and told me her mom had passed and then a month later he husband's mom passed. Aunt Jodi and Uncle Russ lost Russ's dad to cancer and sweet Riley dog to old age. Within the last week, two people my age lost their mom's. One to an asthma attack/cardiac arrest another to cancer. And we found out yesterday, a person we knew committed suicide.  To this I can't help but ask WHY!?!?  And to the sudden death's, WHY?!?! They didn't even get to say goodbye!

I know it is the circle of life. I know we are not going to be here forever. I can grasp the older adults who have passed a little better but people my age to loose their parents! I do not know how these two brave individuals are coping with the loss of their mother's. I'm not sure I would be strong enough to handle that now and I know I will be a mess when it does happen in the far far distant future (I like to think my parents are invincible and will be here forever!) I even told Nic before we got married that I had to die first because I couldn't handle loosing him.

I cannot begin to fathom what a dark place someone has to be in to take their own life. It makes me angry first and then sad. Angry that they could be so selfish and sad that they hurt inside to that extent. Or even the fact that, they had to hide it bottled inside. To be such an extravagant actor to those around you. Ugh....

We received a letter talking about going over our parents living trusts or will's with them and what their wishes are for their remains. Yes, sounds morbid but with all this recent activity it is a reality that needs to be faced. So, I know my mom has always said to cremate her. She said don't waste money on a casket and plot....personally I'm with her! I am also glad my mom is not a keep sake person. Because I cannot imagine going through someones stuff and trying to figure out what to do with a bunch of things I don't want or need. I also found out my parents have a living trust. (No, I haven't asked what dad wants to happen with his remains...I'll ask him this weekend) Mom said that basically if anything were to happen to both of them it is split 50/50 between my bro and I. Good to know... right? (this is where you say YES)

My heart is broken for my friend who lost her mom this past week. She is already going through a ton herself and to loose her mom it just is not fair. They were best friends. They truly were the mother daughter everyone wishes to be. I'm sad for her son who is only 8 months. He won't remember the amazing cheerful grandma he had. He will see pictures and hear amazing stories though. And I know J will keep her mom alive for him!

To all of you that have lost a loved one recently keep staying strong, remember the great memories tucked in your back pocket, and know they are watching over you!


until next time...

1 comment: