Sunday, February 6, 2011

That's what friends are for....


Last weekend was a busy one but so much fun! On Friday, Deirdre and Keaton drove up to good ol' Bham when they got off work. The mission was to make Dee a brunette! And here is the process.....





First we gotta pick the color


Now it's time to foil it up

A little gossip while you process

ALL DONE!

The guys hung out with us in the salon for a little bit and then headed down to the Black Cat for some drinks while we finished up! I am so glad that Nic and Keaton get along so well! It is lots of fun to hang out with them since we all get along really well! Saturday morning Dee and I got up for some spin class and then the four of us went to breakfast at Old Town...YUM!  This lady sang the whole time we were there. She was really good and her last song was a little kid one that got stuck in all of our heads! Something about going to the zoo zoo zoo how about you you you and you should come too too too! Dee and Keaton took off around nooner and we headed home to do a quick sheet change on the bed because STINE was on her way!

Stine had a baby shower Sunday morning in Ferndale and asked if she could stay with us on Saturday night! I miss having Stine upstairs to drink coffee with in the morning and watch our girl tv at night. How come Nic doesn't like girl tv? Stine got here around 8:30pm with a bottle of wine and I had gotten us a slice of chocolate peanut butter cake from Andi's (the lady who made my wedding cake) store, Pure Bliss! We stayed up and chatted and caught up before headin to bed. Stine left the next morning after breakfast but promised she would come hang out longer in February!

That afternoon, Nic wanted to put out his trail cam to see where the deer are hiding here in Bham. He wanted to go out somewhere by Lake Whatcom and the sun was shinning so I decided to go too! I thought of it more as going on a hike than putting up some silly camera to find deer! We ran into some obstacles, gated off dirt roads that were suppose to be open. After that location didn't work, we headed out to Deming to try a different spot. After heading up a logging road, we hit another gate! We decided since it said enter at your own risk, we would walk the rest of the way in. It was a good little walk and the trees were so tall and pretty! Nic found a spot and hung his trail camera on a tree and we retreated back down to the truck! We braved Costco after that and then each did homework from 3:30pm-8pm. Don't be too jealous about the homework bit!

How old do you think these trees are? They were HUGE!

Yup that looks like a good tree to put the camera on! (that's what he told me at least...I had no idea I was just being nature girl! Oddly enough it reminded me of the first hike we did in Washington. I HATED it and wanted to go home. Mom you'll laugh... I almost put my arms in my shirt on this nice walk through the woods with Nic because things were touching me!!!!!!! Oh I hate hikes where there isn't a great path and the limbs and brush touch me! Maybe it's because of the poison ivy I always got in NY. Or the ticks that latched on to me when I went on journey's through the corn fields in NY! All I know is when I am in the woods I don't want it to touch me...I am not good at being one with nature!



It was a busy but fantastic weekend! I love my friends and like having them stay with us!




until next time....



No comments:

Post a Comment