Happy Sunday! Not to toot my own horn, BUT this morning Nic and I went for a 3 mile run (yes in the mist and wind of the WA elements), showered, I did 3 loads of laundry (folded and put away), did prep for 4 dinner meals (normally this would be 7 but we won't be here for 3 dinners this week), put 4 pieces of chicken in the crock pot, and washed the dishes! All completed by 11:56am and no, I did not wake up before 7:30am! I was a woman on a mission! Nic participated too!!!! He made coffee, cinnamon rolls (his favorite of course), put away his laundry, AND VACCUMED! He rocks!
Usually, I do the dinner prep stuff on Monday's. Monday's used to be my day off and I would go to Tami's house to plan out the entire week. On Sunday night, we would text back and forth what meals we should make and who would bring what ingredients. Then we would attack her kitchen until every meal was in a dish and set for the week. Why would we do all of this? Because it makes life a lot more simple and evenings easy! I do not get off work until 7pm and Nic has lectures and homework to watch and do. I realized eating at 8:45pm was not working for me! Now, I have all the meals ready and Nic just has to throw them into the oven! They are ready when I get home and dinner isn't at bed time anymore!!! I will post some recipes soon!
As I mentioned, Monday's used to be my days off. Why are they not my day off now, because tomorrow is the first day of school!?!? Never in a million years, did I think I would have another first day of school! I am going to be in a 10 month program for dental assisting! I love hair but unless you own your own salon... a life of living at poverty is what you will accomoplish. It isn't just the pay. It is no health care, no 401k, working weekends, work till 7pm, and no paid vacations. I want a family in the future and doing hair does not fit into that reality. I will be part time at the salon while going to school. I will no longer be working Saturdays (oh I can't remember the last time I had a job that didn't work weekends)! And in 10 months working at a salon will be the past (not that I won't do hair on the side at home for my favorites)! Dental has always been an interest of mine and I am very excited to dive into it! I will be working a normal schedule, with benefits, paid vacations, and most likely half days or no work on Fridays! I will keep you all posted on how things progress!
So much more to say but that's enough for now!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment