Saturday, September 25, 2010
How I ended up here...
We were in church a couple weeks ago and it was about being an open book. What do you want people to say about you as a person. The story you want told. The only way to make it told... the way you want it to be told... is to be that person...open and honest and true to who you are. I realized at that moment it was time to blog and be an open book. It also made me think about how people would describe me as a person. So, I decided to try and be even more of the person I want to be in hopes that people would describe me as happy, spunky, fun, giving, caring, serving, etc. I realize when I get around complainers I tend to vent right along with them. I don't want to do that anymore. The negativity is draining and often times puts a damper on my day. A friend gave me a book called "Created to be his help meet." (I will explain the book later because I have much to say about it) There was a piece that said make a new habit. When you feel yourself beginning to have a critical spirit, stop,take a deep breath, silently ask for wisdom, then think of something that is on your thankful list. This is remolding a habit, and, in time, practice makes perfect. Now lets be real, do you think every single time I will be patient enough to take a deep breath and track down my thankful list, NO! I am slightly stubborn with a nasty bite sometimes. I've realized just don't talk to me right away and I don't bite. However, most of the time I should be able to stop and realize life is too short to let someone get to me and waste my breath on being critical of them. I have so much in my life to be thankful for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment