Thursday, October 6, 2011

I believe in God

I was on my way home from small group aka bible study tonight and my radio was on praise 106.5 per usual. The song that was playing was unfamiliar to me. I have realized in church that I really enjoy the music. It is what talks to me and the words resonate inside me. I repeated the lyrics to myself as I quickly pulled up youtube. Below is the song "bring the rain" by Mercy Me... have a listen! 


It is catchy isn't it?!? I love the slides they put with it as well. It has a verse from Ecclesiastes below in the comments. The verse talks about how God has a plan for each and everyone of us. Although we may face many problems that seem to contradicts God's plan, these shouldn't be barriers to believing in him, but rather opportunities to discover that, without God, Life's problems have no lasting solutions! 
The lyrics say:
So I pray
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that bring you glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise you
Jesus, bring the rain
We should lean on our faith and God even more when curve balls are thrown at us. We should not ask why me? Why would you make me go through this? But rather trust in him that all things will be okay! 
"Clouds in our lives are often sent to bring the showers of blessings"


until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment